Bird is the Word

|
Anah didn't want me to post this, but after giving it a few weeks I've decided that I absolutely have to share something with you. The following are the contents of an e-mail I received early one morning:

Subject: Bird Flu- When birds attack

Just something to make you laugh...So, I am sitting at my desk this morning, with only 1 other student in the room. I'm checking my email and updating a few things. All of a sudden, I feel something big hit the side of my head. I assume it is a ball, my guess is that my student has accidentally hit me in the head with a beach ball we have in our class. Then, I look down. It is a BIRD. A BIRD FLU INTO THE SIDE OF MY HEAD. The BIRD DIED. Yes, it's true. My head is so gigantic that a bird hit the side of my head and died.

I am traumatized. I went screaming into Kim's room and I think she thought I was crazy, not to mention the poor student that was in my room at the time.

The end.

Big Head


Yes, blog readers, Anah killed a bird. I'm not really sure what to add to this whole story, but I'm assuming its safe now to post this because she's laughing at it all too.

A funny addition to this all is that the weekend following this terrible ordeal Anah and I went to a bird sanctuary in Copan with her parents. In the course of walking through the park I made my fair share of bird-to-head-to-death jokes, but since the birds were in cages no one (Anah) was in real danger until we met the toucans:



The video of the whole situation is pretty funny, too:

4 comments :

Erin S. said...

Well big head, thank you for sharing your story with me--I am having a very boring, depressing Friday night at home doing homework and it made me laugh. A lot.

Anonymous said...

That story made my day. Anah, I'm sory a bird flew into your head, but just think of the joy it has brought to your faithful readers. Dan, you don't have enough spare brains to let something like that happen...so keep your windows closed.

Anonymous said...

Big head? Naw, Just healthy Brain Mass!
Luv ya!

Unknown said...

Was the bird place gross? Nic and I went to a bird place once in the Keys and it was gross! Bird poop everywhere, but the birds we saw weren't pretty like the ones you were holding. Talk to you soon, Anna