A Few Pictures from the Lago

|
This past weekend Anah and I sprinted out of San Pedro Sula and headed south of the city to Lago de Yojoa. Yahoa is the largest lake in Honduras and in the 1970s it was renowed for its bass fishing. Overfishing has since nearly emptied the lake of bass and since then has been replaced by tilapia farms. Honduras is the world's largest producer of tilapia and all of that production takes place on Yojoa.

Here's a few photos from our weekend:

Bird is the word.

Lake.


Horses on the highway (they also ran through our hotel grounds).


Future Honduran Lance Armstrong.


More lake. Yojoa is completely surrounded by moutains, including Honduras' second highest peak.


Nearby pinapple fields. Cool.



Roadside pineapple "stand." $.75 for a whole pineapple! (Note the Gringos walking up... the fat woman had the nerve to want to negotiate a lower price for one... cheapskate!).


Old Man and the Lake.

- Dan

1 comments :

Unknown said...

Very nice pictures. I have not stayed in that area, just drove by a few times. Fat women can be nervy. I know all about it. Trust me.