I was invited to participate and by this time her party was no longer a surprise. Either way I made the jaunt down to the elementary part of EIS (a good 10 min walk) to join in the festivities.
Myself and Anah's teaching partner, Kim, kept her busy while her students planned her "surprise." She walked back into her classroom and the kids went nuts! They all ran over to her and I thought she might be buried alive in the combination of hugs and handmade cards the students had for her. Too cute!
The moms made about a million balleadas (a Honduran favorite: tortilla, beans, cheese, and butter... awesomely delicious) for lunch and brought a cake as well. I was the recipient of many balleadas which I had no complaints about.
Then it was cake time. Trick candles and frosting up the wazoo... the kids loved the fact that the candles wouldn't go out. I think the whole cake had a bonus layer of first-grader spittle from their attempts to snuff out the flames.
Of course no party is complete without "Happy Birthday."
Now let them eat cake! Anah's students break to their desks like mad to sit and get their cake.
- Dan
4 comments :
JONATHAN WE ARE SHOWING GOOD MANNERS. I say that all the time.
If you can't cut loose on Miss Tatiana's birthday- when can you? Trick candles? Who ever heard of those?
Great video.
Happy birthday to the most amazing daughter-in-law (how I love saying that!) I love the pictures, and I'm sure your children so loved the party for you! What fun! We hope your day was wonderful w/ the children and the party ahead w/ friends!
OMG! I almost cried when they were singing you Happy Birthday!
Then I laughed my ass off, when they were spitting...I mean, blowing on your candles! Yum, I bet that cake was good!
And then I was thoroughly annoyed when they all started freaking out, and it was mass chaos! :)
I'm very proud of you Anah, you're handling those muchkins very well!
Post a Comment