On Wisconsin!

|
Friday, March 20th, 2009


If you only get to catch the Wisconsin Badgers on TV once from San Pedro Sula then this was probably the game to see. Its March Madness (trademark: NCAA) time and that means Honduras actually gets to see some college basketball on TV. ESPN in the States has the bball all winter long, but surprisingly (not) its not a big ratings draw in Latin America.

No matter though because this is the time to be a fan. Down 12 at halftime to Florida State, the #12 seed Bucky forced overtime against the #5 seed Florida State. Fortunately/unfortuantely Trevon Hughes had the ball in his hands near the end of overtime and (surprisingly) hit the game-winning shot.

Even though he's probably the last person I want to see with the ball with time expiring (see Texas, 2008) I was pleased with a Wisco "W."

Oh and I think Michigan did something positive too (for once).

- Dan

1 comments :

Jen said...

We were watching, too...and I was wondering where my giant lobster hat might be. Glad you guys got to see it!!